Monday, February 11, 2008

The haircut

Ryan did it. We cut his curls. He still looks cute like we knew he would be but I do like his curls better.

Before
(Ryan had brushed all the curls so we could cut it and I realized how long it really had gotten)
After
Still a little cutie pie
He was so funny when he looked at himself in the mirror. "I want my hair not short!" My reply, "It will grow." Then he cried and said, "But it will take a long time." Then shortly after he shook his head and said, "I can't shake it." He was very broken up by this. I would catch him throughout the day shaking his head. Sometimes he would laugh and other times he would seem disturbed. People always compliment him on his curls so I wonder if he caught on to that and that is why he was sad to see it go? I bet in a month or two his curls will be back.

4 comments:

Ricki said...

I think he looks adorable! I love the new do!

Megan said...

Oh my goodness what a beautiful little boy was under all that hair!!! He's gorgeous. I felt the same way after chopping David's hair...I wanted it all back. :) Oh well...they grow up much faster than we want them to.

Julie Winder said...

oh my goodness he is so cute..he has the most adorable eyes and cute smile. It looks like it will still grow back wavy. Your kids all have great thick hair like you!

Candy said...

My Chad loves his hair longer. It is a battle sometimes with his dad but secretly I like it a little longer. Your little guy is so cute and I think his haircut shows off his adorable smile. I hope I get to see you guys when I come down next month. I am bringing my three little girls with me.