Sunday, February 17, 2008

For real... Happy birthday to Joseph


Last night I feel asleep earlier then normal. About 10:30 Emma and Joseph woke up at the same time. Emma threw up and went right back to bed where as Joseph was up for most of the night. It has been a long time since I had such a small amount of sleep. Normally my kids are good sleepers. When Joseph cried and cried I felt so helpless. He said his stomach hurt and he would try to throw up but nothing. He would finally fall asleep to wake up shortly crying again. Ryan had him snuggle up with him and that made it easier for me to sleep. Then this morning when we woke up a ton of pus had drained from his ear. He didn't even tell us he had an earache until we asked him. And today is his real birthday. I was glad we had celebrated earlier. He didn't want the lunch he had picked out and he did eventually throw up. He couldn't even eat his cake and ice cream.

This little boy means so much to me. He is so in tune with me and how I am feeling. He is concerned and loving, kind and gentle. He loves to tease and make us laugh. My life is fuller because he is in it. We love you little buddy and thank God you came to be apart of our family.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh this post hurt my heart. Sweet boy! I can't stand it when my babies are sick. I think it is just about the worst feeling ever. They are so helpless! Sweetness. Happy birthday Joseph!

Oh a side note...Susan did you know you have 2 music players on your site? One at the top left corner and one all the way at the bottom. Every time I open your page I hear two different songs at the same time...

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

Thank you Megan I'll fix it.