Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm leavin on a jet plane.

I am trying to figure out my camera and let me tell ya... Harder then it looks. The good thing? Even in auto mode it takes better pictures then my old camera. I am loving the focus feature and I am really excited to play with the shutter speed over the next week. Speaking of that. I am getting very nervous for my trip. My stomach is in butterflies and I cried when I put the kids to bed. How am I going to be ok without them for 10 days? I am sure the girls will have interesting hair while I am gone and that they all will eat some interesting food. Ryan really likes the house clean so I don't worry about that so much. I guess I will just miss them.

I am also very excited to see my parents. I got to talk to them for the first time since mothers day the other day. It was so good to see them. It will be wonderful to visit with them without having to worry about being mom. I will be able to have real conversations and really be able to unwind. I am looking forward to not having to doing anything. To taking a nap or simply taking long walks because I can. I recognize this is a once in a life opportunity and I will cherish it. I want to take this time to set goals and think about how I want the next ten years of my life to go. I want to live more fully in the every day moments. Laugh often and love more freely. Let go of past hurts and move forward like I have never before done.

This is the reason my old camera is not functioning. Jared has become my budding photographer. He took this picture the day before it broke. The next morning he wanted to take a picture of Joshua and something broke. I don't know if it was his fault or it was just the cameras time to go. I thought it was a good picture though.
Here are some pictures with the new camera. I love the crispness and coloring.

Jared is such a cutie.

Joseph does not like to pose for the camera in the normal sense.
Usually he makes some kind of face then wants to see it in the camera.
But somehow I got close to a real smile here.

Messy babies are so dang cute.
I am excited about this picture because it shows how fast my camera is. I had to really plan to get a picture in midair with the old one.

2 comments:

Julie Winder said...

Susan...wow...how exciting for you..You are right it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Enjoy every moment, think of all the things you will be able share with your kids about France when you get home. They will be fine. They will miss you but, they will appreciate you even more and will be so excited to see you when you return...I can't wait to see your pictures and hear more about your trip. Safe travels to you and enjoy your time!

Julie Winder said...

Hey, I just noticed we have the same song on our Blog..."dream big" I love that song..Brent put it on my MP3 after running my first marathon...that is a great song for your big trip to France:)