Friday, February 08, 2008

My sweet not so little almost 4 year old boy.


We celebrated Josephs birthday today. The kids had a field trip to the wild animal park so we thought we would make that into his simplified b-day party. My MIL bought everyone passes for Christmas so we invited all the family. It is great to have built in friends. Afterward we went back to Grandmas for Mac and Cheese (Josephs birthday choice) cake and presents. His favorite present was his bag for is "stuff." Joseph is very possessive of his stuff and he likes to create bags out of anything. Examples- grocery bags, pillow cases, shoe boxes, towels, ziploc bags... just to name a few. So when he saw that he had his very own real bag for his stuff he was thrilled. Who new? It was the backpack his tent and sleeping bag came in. He seemed to have a great day.

Tim and Luke came over to spend the night tonight. We watched Dumbo, it was one of Josephs presents. As we watched the mean elephants Tim, my 9 year old BIL, stated that the ring leader mean one must be the MIL. I had to crack up at that. My MIL is not at all like that and I wondered where he got such a funny idea.


Joseph loves his cousin Ethan. Originally he just wanted Ethan to come to his party. This picture is weird for me because I can see a much older Joseph in there.
Happy Birthday to you!

Joseph was so busy opening presents he didn't even want to stop to show me.

Heres the crew.

Best buddies

Joshua was cracking me up with these deer. He insisted on chasing this little one around. The keepers were not really thrilled with it but they were nice enough about it.
What better way to end the day then in your new tent and new sleeping bad and with your bag of stuff.

I finally downloaded the pictures from our birthday trip to Disneyland.
I sure do love these boys.
I asked Buzz if he would come over and say hi.
I didn't mean get in the kids face and scare him half to death. I guess no one ever taught him about personal space.
When we were waiting in line for Dumbo Joshua decided it was taking to long and had a seat. Funny kid.
Joseph was so excited to go on the carousel and then when we get on he wanted o sit on the bench. The funny thing about this is I remember wanting so much to sit on the bench when I was little. Maybe because it was something different?

And this is us on the lady bug ride. They loved this one so much!
Funny story about Joseph. Last week a friend from church brought over a birthday invite for Joseph. She had asked her little girl who she wanted to invite and this is the first thing she said, "You know the shy little boy at church with the curls... the one who kisses me? Yeah, Joseph, Him." I was so surprised to find out he was kissing this little girl. I thought my shy boy would not be kissing girls till he was married. (See earlier post where I wrote about this) I asked him about it and he got so embarrassed that I knew that he hid his face and said nothing. Later he disclosed to me that he kissed her on the nose. Then at her party he gave her a bug hug and kiss on the cheek when it was time to go. All I have to say little girls is watch out cause this loving, sensitive little man is a keeper!

I am contemplating cutting off all his hair??? I am sure it will grow back with those same cute curls but I am curious what he looks like under all that hair.

3 comments:

ParkerandMaisiesKOKO said...

Oh my gosh! Joshua looks just like you did when you were little. I think you have always looked more your dad than your momma. Your kids are so adorable. In fact, they are beautiful. Ahh, I bet it's gonna be hard for you to cut Joseph's curls. They are so precious.

I too, thought instantly about President Hinckley's wife, at the news of his passing. When I watched conference last Fall, my testimony grew leaps and bounds. In fact, my love for President Hinckley has given me a love for the prophet Joseph Smith, in a way I have never felt before. After all, it is simply impossible to listen to President Hinckley and not feel the Spirit. It all started afresh with Prophet Joseph Smith!

Susan, your home is magnificent. It looks like a dream house; especially, the way it is perched upon the hill. Does it look over the ocean? I can only imagine how much fun it is to simply walk outside and have a campfire with your hottie and your little kids.

Your blog site is a lot of fun for me to read!

Love,
Aunt Carol

Julie Winder said...

it will be hard to cut his hair...he is so adorable. But, he has big blue eyes, that will just stand out too. that is so cute about his stuff. One of my nephews is like that too must be a boy thing. My girls aren't nearly as organized. Hope you are enjoying your new home and are all settled in, it does look beautiful.

Ricki said...

I can't believe he is 4! Where has the time gone! I can see a lot of Jared in him and some Ryan! He is such a cute little boy! But 4?!!!!! I can't even wrap my brain around the fact that he is already 4!