Sunday, January 15, 2006

Here are some pictures from my nephews party.

I think noone grows out of blowing bubbles
Joseph on the other hand thought that they tasted good and kept trying to
put the wand in his mouth.


Is this picture just the most precious? I have to make time to scrap it.


The kids were playing catch the jellyfish. If you have ever seen sponge bob,
this should make sense.

Friday night we slept at my Mom and Dad’s house. I never sleep well when I am not in my bed. I lay awake and tried to think of what we would name the baby, how we would decorate his room, what his baby book would be like, and how I would design his baby announcements. All the things you can’t think about until you know what the baby is. I came up with a color scheme for his room and baby blanket. I think I will use the same color scheme for his baby book. As far as his birth announcement, I have no idea yet.

My mom and I went shopping to Joann’s the first thing in the morning. I knew what I wanted and so it was a hard to find. I had decided to make a blanket that is light blue, cream, a slightly darker blue, and brown. I think I want to make a striped rag quilt but I am still not sure. Maybe I will put squares mixed with stripes.

We then went to My nephew Ethan’s 8th b-day party. It was sponge bob and the kids had a blast. A lot of playing and candy, what more do kids need? We discovered that Joseph loves salt water taffy and Emma is a great sharer. Sarah saw that she had her Dad’s favorite candy in her bag and took it to him. I love when kids are thoughtful like that. I had a headache so we really didn’t get to visit like normal. It was still a nice little get away.

Joseph is finally starting to warm up to my Mom. He is so funny sometimes. He would even take things from her without thinking twice. That’s a big step for him. He had a snack when we got there Friday night and my Dad was sitting next to his booster seat. He would scoot far to the opposite side just to ensure he wouldn’t be touched. He can be so shy but he is starting to warm up to his grandparents.

My parents bought strawberries and oranges while we were there and we were blessed to be sent home with some. I made strawberry pie today and it was very good. Speaking of recipes I have a new favorite. It is Avocado Salsa and so good. We ate it with shrimp tacos but really it could go with any fish dish or just with chips.

Avocado Salsa:
1 small onion, quartered
1 jalapeno, quartered, seeds optional
1 garlic clove, smashed
4 medium tomatillos, (about 8 ounces) husked, rinsed, and coarsely chopped
1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped

Put the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop. Add the tomatillos, avocado, and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cilantro.

We still have not sold our house but I am still optimistic that it will sell soon. Do you know how stressful it can be to try to rush and make your house spotless when you hear someone wants to look at it right away? I consider myself a decent housekeeper but there are times of the day when it just isn’t so clean. Or there are just days when you have been running all day and the house has been neglected. Any normal person has those days. But when those days come and you hear that someone is right out front and would you mind if they came and took a peek, AHHHH! I do my best and have trust that Heavenly Father will take care of the rest, really, that’s all I can do.

2 comments:

Shannon Bieger said...

We aren't quite to Spongebob interest yet but that game sure looks fun!

The salsa almost sounds good. Would it still be good without jalapeno?

I agree with you about just trusting! Whoever is going to live in that home will love it even if there were crumbs on the countertop. When they come through just tell them "If you want to keep the crumbs and the dirty laundry then that's gonna cost you extra." LOL!

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I don't use the seeds so it is not spicy at all. In fact very sweet for salsa.