Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I love long weekends!

These pictures crack me up. I was trying to get the decorations put away last week
and Joseph would have it no other way. He insisted on dancing on the boxes.

Yesterday was such a nice relaxing day for all of us. I slept in a little and when I woke up Ryan said, "What do you want to do this morning just by yourself?" Wow! How do you decide? I knew that Joann's was still having their sale so I decided to look and see if I could find fabric for the bumper guard. And yes! They had light blue chenille for $5 a yard. When I looked the other day they had none so I was excited. Then I headed over to Christensens to see what there was to see. I came to the conclusion that cute maternity clothes at a decent price only exist online. Which can be hard because you never are sure how it will fit.

When I got home I played a round of Disney trivia pursuit. Now I thought I was a Disney trivia wiz... But I was wrong. EmmaLee got more right then anyone else. It was fun. Ryan played around of risk with Jared and then he started working. The kids and I just hung out and had a good day.

Joseph has decided that Emma can stay Emma and doesn't need to be Emmie any longer. We think he decided this after she started calling him Josie. She said she will keep calling him that until he calls her Emma again. And sure enough this morning when he woke up she was Emma again. Children are such a riot sometimes.

Sarah and Jared have both decided to do their schools talent show. Jared is going to perform a Karate form and Sarah wants to sing Hillary Duff's "Wake Up" Sarah can get really nervous sometimes. I told she could do it if she would sing the song to my family while we were in Vegas. My brother-in-law got out their kareoke machine and she sang away. Her knees were shaking but she did it. I guess we get to endure our first school talent show. I will love to watch my own children, but hours of other kids talents might be well... Interesting. The things we do for our children.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

Wow, I am quite impressed the Joseph got the whole Emma/Emmie ultimatum!

Oh man, I'm so excited and nervous for Sarah! I know exactly how she feels! I always loved performing but hated the nerves beforehand. I can still remember standing outside of the amphitheater before we did our "I Feel Free" dance and I was shaking (partly from being freezing cold from wearing next to nothing but mostly from nerves!!) I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Just tell her that when she is feeling nervous to take 2 deep breaths and remember that nothing bad will happen and afterward she will be so proud of herself for doing it! By the way, this is STILL how I deal with nerves! I tell myself "God will still love me, my family will still love me - I have nothing of importance that I can lose!"