Saturday, January 28, 2006

This post is only for those with way to much time.

Hear are the proof of the pictures we want to order. I am so pleased with the way they turned out. Int the whole family onealmost every one looks good. All of the adults do. A few kids are smiling with their eyes closed or looking to high up but noone looks goofy. I am so happy about it.
Because my day has been so crazy I decided to write a day in the life of me. Ok, a few days in the life of me.

Where do I begin? The past few days have been long but productive. I forgot Emma's dentist appointment on Thursday. I guess with all the craziness of Ryan being gone we are just out of routine. Joseph finally feel asleep right before we had to go pick up Jared from school so I had to wake him from his nap. I hate doing that. Then we rushed off to karate and I told the kids they could pick what they wanted for dinner. I didn't want to cook when Ryan wasn't home, and I had just cleaned the stove. They picked McDonald. I order Chillis take out. I love restaurant take out. That way we were all happy. We then got to play in the play place for over an hour. I was in no hurry to get home to an empty house.

Joseph woke up in the middle of the night Thursday night sounding like a seal which meant crope. (I don't know how to spell that) Pour little guy has been grumpy the last few days and now I knew why. So I pick up Sarah from school a little before 11. We head straight for the Dr's and find out he also has a real bad ear infection. So I have to go get 3 different kinds of medicine. One to stop the cough, I guess coughing actually makes it worse, then a steroid medicine, and antibiotics. But first the girls let me know they are hungry so we stop for food.

I was looking for this special photo place to drop of a picture and they have moved so I am driving up and down the street I know their new address is on and I can't find it. I had to stop at a gas station to look them up and give them a call. The girls were quick to let me know we had passed it several times. Who knew? Good thing is they have drive up.

Then we head to walmart and get our prescription. By the time that is done it is time to get Jared from school. I realized I forgot to drop the bill off at the city offices so we head to do that before Joseph goes down for his nap. My pictures are ready so we run and go do that. By the time we got home it was 3:30. The kids were all very well behaved and it was one of those, "Thank you Father," moments.

I give Joseph his medicine and he is out like a light. The Dr gave me this great idea of crushing up the medicine and sticking it in a snickers bar. I try to give it to Joseph and he just shakes his head no. Great idea but now I have crushed up medicine my son won't take. I felt so funny forcing my little boy to eat candy.

I then take the moment to scrap a page. Thursday night I stayed up for two hours working on something and then my computer crashes and I lose it all. I cried. Then I realized it wasn't really how I wanted it to turn out and I made my first digi scrap purchase. I have made four pages with the kit I bought. I am grateful the computer crashed. Way cuter pages now.

We had a fun night eating popcorn and candy and watching the new Charlie and The chocolate Factory. I am not a fan of Johnny Depp. And the movie just confirmed that all the more. The kids liked it though. Half way through the movie I realize I have eaten very little all day and I am so hungry. I feed the kids but I was to busy to eat myself. So I hurry and eat. When I realized it was past 8 and Jospeh was still asleep I began to really worry. I went and checked on him again and he was still breathing. I tuck the kids in and go back to scrapping. At around 9ish, I wake Jospeh up. I thought, "If he doesn't wake up now he will at 2 or 3 and be ready for the day." So we hang out and watch What Not To Wear. Good thing he doesn't care what we watch. I gave him some milk and more medicine and put him down around 11. I feel this need to finish what I started and finish two more layouts. 3 down. I realize my mind is going so much I need to unwind before I go to bed. I watch some show on HGTV. Not the best and I understand why it is on so late. Then I head for bed.

Jospeh woke up sometime before 5 and was content to play in his crib for some time. Jared got him up about 5:30 and he is ok for about ten minutes. Then he starts yelling my name and I have to actually get out of bed. Note to self, (just get up when you first hear him. You never go back to sleep once you know he's awake.) He insists on eating breakfast right away. He hadn't eaten in 18 hours. I promised the kids a big breakfast. Ryan usually buys them donuts but I didn't want to take all the kids to the donut store, this was before I knew Joseph was sick. We are all tired, Sarah was the only one who slept in, till 7. Once she was up I made waffles with cherries and whipped cream and syrup. They thought that was great. Joseph was ready for bed about 8:30. I put him down and work on one more layout.

9:10 the realtor calls and wants to drop off some DVD's. So I can't go back to sleep like I had hoped. I lay down anyway and tell the kids to get me when the door bell rings. I layed there for 20 minutes and I couldn't sleep, of course. Then he drops by and I am now way more awake then I want to be. I figured my napping window was over so I give up. Yet, hear it is 10:30 and Joseph is still sleeping. Oh what, I hear him.

What lies ahead for this day?

I am sure that was not interesting to any one but I feel better getting all of that out.

3 comments:

Shannon Bieger said...

The pictures turned out awesome! I was laughing at the barefeet in the first pic because that is SO how I remember you in our high school days - always barefoot!! And the full-family photo...I just wanna scoop up that whole first row! So much cuteness!!

Oh Mommy question for you - what age did you take your kids to the dentist for the first time?

LOL ok that would be a weird idea huh? "Joseph you NEED to eat this candy bar!"

Ooooh! Your first digi-scrap purchase! You have to tell me what you bought!!

*gasp* No Johnny Depp? I mean, I realize that most women who love him, it's because of his "appeal" but I totally love his acting. Did you ever see Finding Neverland? You must watch that movie. It's so wonderful! Although I haven't seen C&TCF yet so I can see how that movie might reinforce a negative feeling toward him. I'm not sure I'll like that movie.

Ugh, I'm the same way about finishing what I start. Hence why I'm usually up too late scrapping. Last night I finished a crop challenge LO and couldn't stop picking it apart in my mind so I got out of bed and worked on it some more.

Wow! What a fun breakfast! Kenna would LOVE to eat at your house! I only do toaster oven waffles and never add all those fun toppings! We're so boring here! LOL!

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

Ok first off, about two to three. It is mostly just an intro visit. Just so they can see the dentist is fun.

I didn't post the grandchild picture but it was hillarious. One of me nephews was running out of the picture because he was so upset. He never went back.

My firts digi scrap was Tracy Ann- love notes from scrap bytes. I will post the layouts later tonight or tomorrow.

My thing against Johnny Depp is mostly just for his weird factor. Which I guess is why he is a good actor. I was going to rent finding neverland tonight but never made it to the store. My friend says one of the boys looks like Jared.

We don't usually have breakfast like that. I am such a health nut that it is reserved for special occasions.

The Gilles Family said...

hahaha, You ROCK. I think my husband is seriously reconsidering his vow. I don't allow sugar in our house. Weird. I know. But I just don't like it. So to have whipped cream AND syrup? I think you just topped whatever wife I could HOPE to be, by like 10 thousand!