Thursday, January 19, 2006

My little mansion

In case you can't tell, he is saying "Cheese" Actually it sounds like eese.
When you get out the camera he poses and says that.

Today has been an interesting one. I have a tendency towards having low iron and pregnancy always amplifies that. But today I felt very low on energy and took a super long nap to wake up still feeling exhausted. When I get really tired I cry easily. I say all this to prelude into what happened next.

I drop Jared off at karate and then head to the health food store to pick up a liquid form of iron that is supposed to help. The lady who works there was very friendly until she said this, "How much longer do you have?" With a tone of voice eluding to the fact that I should be done soon. I responded that I was only 4 months along and her comment? "Oh???" I am not that big. I always get comments like that but already? Come on now. Then she proceeded to tell me that her mom had 5 kids in 6 years and that is why her mom is so crazy. Did she not hear me tell her I was pregnant with #5? She went on for sometime about having kids close together and how much it messes with ones insanity.

After all this I did not cry. I simply realized how crazy she was and started to actually feel better. So then we proceed home and we stop at a stop light. I am singing, with the motions, Patti -Cake. I turn to see Josephs face and I catch the older gentlemen next to me watching in utter delight. I made his day! That made me smile more and I felt much more ready to face the long night I foresaw ahead of me.

I think Heavenly Father knows that we need a light boost sometimes. If we look we can always find some way or another that he is trying to lift us up, trying to make us more then maybe we can see. Or maybe even more then we want to be. I think we would settle for mediocrity where as he knows we can become much more. I think of a C.S.Lewis quote I once read about A builder coming into to rebuild a house. Us being that house and God being the builder. He throws out a room here and adds a wing over there. We don't understand the pain or discomfort at times. We could not see the outcome. We thought we were being built into a nice little cottage where as he was building us into a mansion.

I feel like that sometimes. Why does this situation have to be hard? Can't there be an easier way? But then I am able to look back at times that I thought were hard and I didn't understand. I can now see how I have become a better person for the experience. I can see what I was able to learn and gain by experiencing something I would have taken away had I been given the choice. How grateful I am that Our Father, who knows all, is over all.

After dinner I went to a lecture/training in Family History. It was supposed to be hands on but the lady in charge had a lot she wanted to say first. What did I learn you might ask? That I have a lot of clean up work to do. Almost all of my records need to be changed so that they all match a standard form. That's easy but very time consuming. I guess I know what I will be doing with my free time.

Then I got to come home and tuck in my already sleeping children. I just feel so close to them at the end of the day. You give them a little hug and express your love to them. You tuck them in and just watch them. They look so peaceful when they sleep. Your mind is filled with all of the reasons why you love these little people who sometimes drive you crazy.


Just a cute Picture I got yesterday. Joseph likes to sneak into his dad's office when the door gets left open. Sometimes for a quick snuggle. I love these boys.

2 comments:

Shannon Bieger said...

So wait, did you cry at all? I thought we were getting a foreshadowing of some tears. Not that I WANTED you in tears! LOL!

That woman was rude. It never ceases to amaze me that people have this sense of entitlement that they can say whatever they want to whomever they want. There seems to be a serious lack of courtesy these days. Ah well. At least I know you're raising 5 little ones (or more) who will be in this world who ARE courteous!

Random samplings of my Delightful Life said...

I din't cry about that lady. It was a shock to me that I didn't.