Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Pure delight.

I really think that being a mom has perks no other job does. These kids can make you laugh in a way that you never thought possible. When you are single and involved with yourself you may laugh and it may be a full hearty all over laughter. But rarly does it stay with you for weeks or even months. and sometimes even years. What mom doesn't remeber the laughter they felt the first time they saw their child really laugh. I mean really laugh. The kind that makes their whole frame shake. Or when they finally figure out what a joke is and try to come up with their own never fully getting the concept. But I think my favorite is when they say something that really makes no sense at all yet they are sure they should be understood. I love this job I have been blessed with. We have decided to give the kids allowance that is not dependent on their doing their jobs. We explained to them that doing jobs is part of being in a family. I am hoping that by doing this they won't grow up asking, "How much do I get paid to do that?" I have tried many different things and when they get paid a set amount per job or group of jobs, anything like clearing their plate, they ask the "how much do I get for that" question. We have story time every night before bed. The kids can participate if their jobs are done other wise they have to spend that time finishing up what was left undone. While see if this works. It seems to be working so far.

We went garage sailing on Saturday and the girls got these dolls for 50 cents each. They seem to love them. The came with clothes and the girls will put them in their jammies or get them ready for church. I have two little mommies in the house. Precious.
Emma got the talking Dora house for her birthday and several extra rooms and pieces for Christmas. It is huge when they set up the whole thing. They don't like to do it when Joseph is around because he likes to play King Kong and knock it all down.
Joseph is my fashion child. He loves to put on every one else's clothes and especially their shoes. He gets so excited when I let him try on Jareds stuff. I took just him with me to the shoe store the other day and he had a blast. He tried on several heels and cried when I had to put them back. The funny things they do.


Just a little cute note while it is on my mind. Joseph has adopted a nickname for Emma. Emma and Jospeh have a special bond. They have the most time together and play really well. Emma was the first name he said that was very clear. He would pronounce the A at the end very clearly. Well, yesterday while we were at Gymnastics he was looking for Emma. He started calling out "Emmie, Emmie?" Then the rest of the day and all day today he has been calling her that. We don't call her that so I wonder where he came up with it. SO cute though. I love to watch their relationships develop.

1 comment:

Shannon Bieger said...

Aww, I love seeing the pics of the girls playing together. I can't wait to watch my girls do that!

LOL at Joseph wearing Jared's shirt!